Exporting LoD3 with windows

Alexander Simons

Exporting LoD3 with windows

Post by Alexander Simons » Thu 12. Apr 2018, 16:11

Hello

I am having trouble exporting LoD3 models with windows and I think it is related to a bug.
In following I will use some images of the Model visualized in the FZK-Viewer, (Free CityGML viewer form the Karlsruher Institute of Technology)
In the first image you see a wall surface with one window (and a many openings with no windows). This one window I have fixed manually in an text editor.
As you can see on the right, the window belongs to the wall surface object.

Than I used the importer of the CityEditor and exported the building again. As you can see in the second image The wall and the windows are all there.

But after this export the window shown in the first image is not anymore belonging to its wall surface. (see image 3)

So it seems to me that there is some problem with window objects.
Or is there a special trick I am missing, when it comes to classifying windows in CityEditor?

Regards
Alexander

Buss

Re: Exporting LoD3 with windows

Post by Buss » Fri 13. Apr 2018, 06:35

Hello,

I don't understand the last image, because the displayed wallsurface is neither the one with the window, nor does it have the same gml:id as the wallsurface in the first picture, which had the window.

So I'm not sure, where the problem is right now. Where did the window go in the building? What's the gml:id of it's parent wallsurface?

Can you send us a link to your original cityGML model?

Regards
Steffen

Alexander Simons

Post by Alexander Simons » Fri 13. Apr 2018, 08:04

Hm... now that you mention it... the wall surface don't get a gml:id generated.
Actually, what is strange, all surfaces have no gml:id. Only the bdlg:Window element gets a gml:id generated, and the Building it self.
At least with the export option "generate GML:ID for all objects"

When I choose the export option "generate GML:ID for all elements"
The gml:Polygon, gml:LinearRing and the bldg:Window get gml:id's generated.

Is there a way to get gml:id's generated on bldg:WallSurface and other surfaces?
Attachments
export_gmlid_for_all_objects.xml
(386.21 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
export_gmlid_for_all_elements.xml
(515.13 KiB) Downloaded 4 times

Buss

Post by Buss » Fri 13. Apr 2018, 14:04

There currently isn't an option to generate id's for boundary surface types (like RoofSurface / Wallsurface / ...) during the export.
What would these generated BoundarySurface id's be useful for?

In Sketchup you can define the BoundarySurfaceTypeId of a given window or door element via the contextmenu.
If it has a BoundarySurfaceTypeId defined, then it will be exported together will other surfaces / windows / ... that share the same BoundarySurfaceTypeId. (within the same building)